Friday, October 22, 2010

Watermarks

The other day a member of the beading daily community asked why weren't we watermarking our pictures? 

To be honest, just lazyness.  I also have been putting this off until I found a logo for my blog, and that has not happened.  But reading the post (To see the thread, CLICK HERE. There are good ideas and suggestion in there).  I decided that I should at least include the web address of my blog in my pictures.  I used to do this in my spanish blog, and it had quite good traffic.  Maybe the watermarked images had something to do with it.

I started some research because I do not currently have photoshop, which seemed to be the best tool for this.  I found a couple of programs that watermark your images for free and you do not have to upload them to any Internet site.  You can download the installer to your computer and execute it from your PC. 



If you are only interested in Text, Fast Watermark  is the one to choose.  It's easy to install and allows batch processing.  For me it's important not to have to upload my images to any website, so this program gives me all the basics for text only watermarks.

To enter my giveaway of a Polymer Clay Pendant and Beads CLICK HERE for instructions.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is also a good idea to add the date to the watermark so if you decide to pursue it legally it will help.

    Also it will deter the predators that steal and copy our hard work. Especially those of us who do it for a living!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails