Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3 Fun Ways to Use Scrap Polymer Clay and more...

I just hate to see my Polymer clay go into a bundle of horrible looking clay.  I'd rather make some small beads out of it to coordinate with the ones responsible for having leftovers.  I usually make some 5mm marble beads, and they are a great way to finish a necklace, bracelet or even to be used in any other way in the jewelry project.




My second favorite creation is what I call a buckle.  This is just a big flat bead with two a hole on each side.  They are great for focal pieces on either a necklace or a bracelet.




I have also used it to make the center of a big bead that I might want to cover with canes. 



Here are some other ideas for useful tools or displays:
  • I been meaning to use some scrap clay to make some molds, stamps and texture sheets out of some screws and findings I have been collecting for this purpose.
  • I am also in need of an Earring Stand to photograph my earrings.  Just make a base with polymer clay and use strong artistic wire (16-20 gauge) to make the stand and arms that will display my earrings.  What was first, the chicken or the egg? In my post: Weekend Reviews - Blogs to Visit: Polymer Clay I I mention having talked about earring displays recently.  Well, this post was under construction and I referred to it before posting it!  Talk about a LOOP!  Yoou can find a great way to make a different type of earring stands in Tina Holden's Mini Displays Tutorial.
  • And last but not least.  Look at this cool Handmade Texture Tools project from PolymerClayWeb
To enter my giveaway of a Polymer Clay Pendant and Beads CLICK HERE for instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails