Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pan de Jamón (Ham Bread???)

This is a typical Christmas dish in my home country.  Bakeries start selling them around mid-November and it is a hit!  I have lost count of how many of these I have bought.  I learned how to make them while I was still in Venezuela, but since I could find them everywhere there was no real need to go through all the work.  Now I am extremely glad to have learned how to make them when I could.  I have been making them for over 3 years (I started making them in Spain since they were too expensive to buy there) and my brother is expecting his Christmas gifts so he can munch on them!  I just sent him this picture to tease him and got an immediate answer!


If only I could sell them... hmmm... I bet I would make a lot of people happy if they knew where I was and I knew how to find them.


It is filled with ham (I like them with turkey ham), raisins, bacon and olives. One loaf is approximately 14 x 3 1/2 " and weighs over 1 1/4 pounds.  They are usually made with California raisins, but I found this nice raisin medley that makes them even better.

Doesn't it look yummy? You have to see my kitchen. It's full of flour and loaves of bread. Yummy!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails