Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I have never felt so good being back home!


I have wanted to move for a long time. I wanted a bigger place with better light and air flow. But having been away for a month in a short term rental has made me realize how blessed I am to be living here. And a good thing too, because we cannot afford to move, the money will be better spent in another major life project.

Being away has made me focus on the good things that I have here and have missed. On how beautiful the place where I live in and its surroundings are. I am so grateful for my bed, from my bug-free house, for my furniture, my comfort here, my dishwasher and the view from my deck. I am grateful for my surroundings, for having the supermarket so close, for my friends here. It was so good to see their faces today. I am even grateful for my dining room table (I did not have one where I went), for my kitchen, the smell of my house when we came in.

I have been blessed all this time, and did not see it focusing on what I missed from my previous home in Spain and what I would like to have. It is so easy to get off the grateful path. It’s good that life always takes care of reminding me one way or another.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails